2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons ground cumin
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 to 2 - 4.5-ounce cans chopped green chiles, undrained
2 - 15.5-ounce cans cannellini beans, undrained
1 - 14-ounce can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 scallion, chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan. Cook for 10 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently.
2. Remove chicken from the skillet and add onion to pan. Sauté for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently, and then add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
3. Stir in cumin and dried oregano and sauté 1 minute. Stir in green chiles and reduce heat to low; cook for 10 minutes.
4. Dice the chicken and add it back to the pot with water, cannellini beans, and broth and bring mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken.
5. Stir in hot sauce and cheese. To serve, ladle 1 cup of chili into a bowl; sprinkle with cilantro and scallions.