1 ¼ pound chicken breast, cubed
1 red pepper, cut into strips
1 orange pepper, cut into strips
1/2 red onion, sliced thin
1 can black beans, strained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn
1-tablespoon olive oil
2 ½ teaspoons Taco Seasoning Spice Mix (make ahead with 1-tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp chili powder)
Juice of 1 lime
1 cup dried quinoa
1 cup water or vegetable stock
1 cup canned tomato, crushed
¼ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
Grated cheese, green yogurt, chopped green onion, chopped tomato, or sliced avocado
1. Add the cubed chicken, sliced peppers, onion, black beans, and corn to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle ingredients with 1 tbsp olive oil. Using a spoon, toss the chicken and veggies with the olive oil until glossy, or shiny.
2. Sprinkle the ingredients with the taco seasoning mix. Toss to coat.
3. On a parchment or foil lined sheet pan, spread the seasoned chicken and vegetables in a thin layer to cook evenly. Place the sheet pan in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through the veggies have browned.
4. Once cooked, squeeze the juice of fresh lime over the veggies and chicken.
1. Run cold water over quinoa in strainer.
2. In a tall-sided pan, add one cup of quinoa, one cup water, and one cup canned crushed tomato. Add 1 teaspoon of salt. Without a lid, turn heat on to medium-high and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer (slowly bubbling). Place a lid on top of the pan and cook for 15 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed by the quinoa.
4. Turn the heat off the quinoa. Let sit for 5 minutes. Use a fork to fluff the grain.
5. Serve warm or store in an airtight container in refrigeration for 5 days.