- 1 Tablespoon shredded cheese per burrito (optional)
- 6–6 inch whole wheat tortillas
- Oil or spray, for cooking
- ⅛ to ¼ cup of any three veggies:
- Kale, Swiss chard, or collard greens, cut into thin ribbons
- Arugula or spinach
- Bell peppers, small diced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Broccoli, cut into small florets
- Potatoes or sweet potatoes, grated
- Onions, sliced or diced
- Mushrooms, sliced or diced
- Zucchini or yellow squash, cut into half-moons or diced
- Black beans, drained and rinsed
- Asparagus, cut into small pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk one egg.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and add ⅛ cup of each prepared vegetable (¼ cup or more of leafier vegetables), starting with the longer cooking vegetables and then adding quicker cooking vegetables. Cook through or to desired crunchiness!
- Pour the beaten egg over the vegetables and stir continuously to scramble the mixture together.
- Once cooked through, place the egg and vegetable mixture on the center of a tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Feel free to add a dollop of refried beans and/or salsa!
- To roll into a burrito, fold the right and left side of the tortilla until they nearly touch at the center of the mixture. Using your thumbs, bring up the bottom of the tortilla and begin to roll, securing the tortilla around the mixture so it looks like a cylinder.
- Place burrito seam side down on skillet and toast until browned. Flip to brown the other side.
- Serve immediately with salsa on the side or freeze for a great microwavable grab-and-go breakfast.
Note: these instructions are written to make customized breakfast burritos one at a time. To make all six burritos at the same time, follow the steps but use all six eggs, 2 ¼ to 3 cups or more of selected vegetables, and then divide the mixture evenly among 6 tortillas!