- 12oz dried whole wheat spaghetti (or noodles of your choice)
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- ½ cup creamy low-sodium peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ medium cucumber (or one small), sliced
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Prepare the pasta using the package directions, omitting salt. During the last minute of cooking, stir in the edamame. Reserve ¼ cup pasta water. Transfer the pasta mixture to a colander. Run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, whisk together the peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic powder. Whisk in the reserved pasta water until combined.
- Spoon the sauce over the noodles, tossing to coat.
- Top the noodles with the carrots and cucumber and garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!