For the chimichurri:
- ½cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- ½cupfresh flat-leaf parsley, packed
- 1Tablespoon dried oregano
- ¾cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the pasta salad:
- 3 cups dry whole-wheat pasta, or pasta of your choosing. Rotini, penne, or bowtie work great!
- 1 can white beans, strained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, diced or cut into strips
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into quarters
- 1/2 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chimichurri sauce (see recipe)
Make the chimichurri sauce:
- Place all of the ingredients in a pint container or container with high sides.
- Using an immersion blender, work through the mixture to ensure that everything get chopped into small pieces. Alternatively, if you do not have a blender, finely mince the garlic, shallot, cilantro, and parsley and stir to combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Enjoy with your favorite meal, as a dipping sauce, or in this pasta salad!
Make the pasta salad:
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain
- Make the chimichurri sauce if using.
- In a salad bowl, combine the pasta, white beans, red pepper, baby spinach, grape tomato, zucchini, and parsley
- Pour dressing over salad; toss and refrigerate to serve cold. Enjoy!
Follow us on social media for recipes, resources and the latest VCP news!Follow us on Instagram