For the vinaigrette:
- Zest and juice of 2 clementines
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 1 head kale, chopped
- 1 small shallot or 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Handful fresh mint or parsley
- 1 clementine, separated into segments
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake together the clementine juice and zest, vinegar, honey, mustard, olive oil, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning. Dressing will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- To assemble salad, add kale, cucumber, shallot, and parsley to a bowl. Add half the dressing and massage into kale leaves. Add clementine segments and toss.