- 1½ lb. eggplant, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic grated or finely minced
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1½ tbsp. lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the eggplant, preferably cut-side down. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and soft. (If there isn’t enough room in your skillet for one even layer, work in batches.)
- Once the eggplant is softened, add the garlic, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Toss to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes or until garlic is aromatic and just starting to brown.
- Turn off the heat and add in the lemon juice or vinegar. Garnish with the chopped parsley. Enjoy!