- 1½ lb. eggplant, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic grated or finely minced
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1½ tbsp. lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the eggplant, preferably cut-side down. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and soft. (If there isn’t enough room in your skillet for one even layer, work in batches.)
- Once the eggplant is softened, add the garlic, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Toss to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes or until garlic is aromatic and just starting to brown.
- Turn off the heat and add in the lemon juice or vinegar. Garnish with the chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Follow us on social media for recipes, resources and the latest VCP news!Follow us on Instagram