2 medium sweet potatoes, diced small
1 large or 2 small apples, diced small
1 small onion, diced small
2 cloves of garlic, minced
3 Tbsp olive oil
½ bunch kale, leaves torn into very small pieces, stems chopped
½ bunch collard greens, leaves torn into very small pieces, stems chopped
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice or other vinegar of your choice)
¼ cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive in large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, onion, and chopped greens stems and stir to combine. Add additional Tbsp of olive oil if vegetables begin to stick to pan. Cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add torn greens to the pan and pour over ¼ cup of water and 2 Tbsp of vinegar. Stir to combine and cover with lid to braise. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once greens are wilted, season with salt and pepper and additional Tbsp of vinegar.
- Remove from heat and add diced apples, stirring to combine. Add additional seasoning to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!