- 1 bunch Kale (about 1 ½ lb.), center stem discarded and leaves cut or torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, grated or thinly sliced
- 1 red or green apple, sliced
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- For the dressing: Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, shallot, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt and a pinch of black pepper in a small bowl or container with a lid. Stir or shake to combine and set aside for flavors to develop.
- In a large bowl add torn kale, shredded Brussels sprouts and apple slices.
- Add dressing to kale salad and use tongs or clean hands to toss and evenly coat.
- Taste and season with a pinch of salt and pepper, if needed.
Optional toppings: sliced almonds, lemon zest, shredded carrot, dried cranberries.