- 1 cup olive oil
- 2-3 large cloves fresh garlic, peeled and smashed
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed & leaves torn into small pieces
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a quart container or a bowl with high sides, combine the olive oil, garlic, and basil. Using an immersion blender, blend for about 30 seconds to break down garlic. Note: You can also use a standard blender or food processor!
- Add kale leaves until the container is full. Blend until smooth. Continue adding the kale and blending until all of the kale is incorporated.
- Add vinegar or lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Blend until pesto is well-combined and mostly smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Enjoy over roasted vegetables or pasta!