- 8 oz. dried, whole wheat linguine
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 15.5oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, chopped (or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Prepare the pasta using the package directions. Drain well in a colander, reserving about 1 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet heat the oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the onion for 3-4 minutes (or until tender-crisp).
- Stir in the squashes and black pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the squash is tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the beans, tomato, lemon juice and half the basil. Cook for 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in the salt.
- Toss the bean mixture with the cooked pasta, gradually adding pasta water to achieve desired consistency.
- Garnish with remaining basil and Parmesan. Enjoy!