- 3 Tbsps oil
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups spinach, thoroughly washed
- 5 eggs
- Heat the oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and a little bit of salt to draw out the moisture. Sweat onion until translucent. Add green pepper and zucchini and cook until slightly softened. Season lightly with salt and pepper,stirring to distribute. Add spinach and stir until it wilts.
- Form the veggies into 3-inch diameter circles and push out an egg-sized hole in the middle.
- Crack the eggs into the holes, and cook until the bottom layer of the egg is white. Carefully flip each nest over and cook until the whites are firm. Finish with a little more salt and pepper on top of the egg. Serve hot.