- 3 bunches carrots with tops
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the pesto:
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 cups loosely packed carrot tops
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Peel the skin off the carrots. Trim carrot tops, leaving some stem attached. Measure out 2 cups carrots tops and set aside; reserve any remaining carrot tops for another use. Cut carrots in half lengthwise and toss in a large bowl with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots to hot pan in a single later. Cook without stirring for five minutes. Stir, and cook for another five minutes.
- While carrots are cooling, make the pesto: pulse olive oil, garlic, basil, and reserved carrot tops using a food processor or immersion blender. Process until a puree forms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top cooked carrots with pesto. Toss to combine. Enjoy!