- 3 large sweet potatoes, diced small
- 2 shallots, diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 oz.) cans of white beans, drained but reserve the liquid
- 2-4 chipotles in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Wash sweet potatoes under cold water, rinsing off any excess dirt left on the skins. Preheat oven to 450 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into small cubes. Place diced potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Dice shallots and add to bowl with potatoes. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt, toss until evenly coated. Place on baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes or until a fork is easily inserted and removed.
- Once sweet potato mixture is cooked and cool enough to touch, place in a food processor, blender or large mixing bowl with immersion blender. Add white beans, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, chipotles, lime juice and cilantro. Puree, adding reserved bean liquid as needed, until dip is smooth and thick (similar texture to hummus).
- Serve immediately or chill for 30 minutes to allow flavors to combine. Enjoy dip with your favorite cut up vegetables, pita bread or spread on a sandwich.
Follow us on social media for recipes, resources and the latest VCP news!Follow us on Instagram