- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 medium stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium broth
- 15.5 oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz. canned, no-salt-added, diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups spinach
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the onion, celery, and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the onion and celery are soft.
- Stir in the broth, beans, tomatoes with liquid, oregano, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes so the flavors blend.
- Stir in the spinach. Simmer, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted.
- Enjoy! Optional garnishes include: Parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley.