For the skewers:
- 2 small yellow squash, quartered and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 small zucchini, quartered and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, diced into ½-inch pieces
- 2 medium red bell peppers, diced into ½-inch pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or left whole
- 32 wooden skewers or more, if needed
- Olive oil, for cooking
For the vinaigrette:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Place uniformly cut vegetables into separate bowls by type.
- To assemble skewers,carefully pierce the middle of the vegetable pieces with the sharp end of the skewer. Alternate the vegetables to ensure that each skewer has a colorful variety.
- Combine all ingredients for the vinaigrette in medium bowl or a quart container and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle to 350⁰ F (or light a charcoal or gas grill) Add a light coating of olive oil to the skewered vegetables.
- Place assembled skewers on preheated griddle and cook for 10-15 minutes, rotating every few minutes until veggies are lightly browned on all sides. Continue until all skewers are just cooked through.
- Transfer skewers to a plate to cool. Before serving, brush vinaigrette onto veggie skewers or serve the vinaigrette on the side as a dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Follow us on social media for recipes, resources and the latest VCP news!Follow us on Instagram