1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium yellow zucchini, peeled into thin strips
1 medium green zucchini, peeled into thin strips
1 large carrot, peeled into thin strips
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons red curry paste
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 – 15 oz can light coconut milk
32 ounces low sodium chicken stock
2 cups water
4 to 6 ounces thin rice noodles or capellini pasta, snapped in half
Juice of one lime
½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium high heat.
- Saute the zucchini, carrot, and garlic strips for about 2 minutes, just to soften them as they sweat.
- Add the curry paste and stir for about 30 seconds to help the paste melt into the vegetables.
- Add the soy sauce, coconut milk, stock, and water. Cover and bring the liquid to a boil, about 7 to 10 minutes. Once the liquid is boiling, add the noodles, reduce the heat to low, and partially cover the pot.
- Simmer the soup for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent noodles from sticking.
- Once vegetables and noodles are tender, stir in lime juice and cilantro and serve.