- 1 small head Romaine lettuce or 2 hearts of Romaine
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced small
- 1 small jalapeño, diced small
- ½ red onion, diced small
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon red or white wine vinegar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Chop the lettuce into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes, jalapeño, and red onion with the lettuce.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss to coat and combine. Enjoy immediately.
- The salad components and the vinaigrette can be prepared ahead of time, stored in the refrigerator, and assembled when ready to eat. Vinaigrette can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.