- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
For the spice mix:
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
¾ teaspoon parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- In a small bowl, stir together spice mix.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet (or large pot with a tight fitting lid) to medium-high heat, placing 2 popcorn kernels in the oil and covering.
- When kernels pop, add the cup of the kernels and cover quickly with the lid. Carefully shake the skillet or pot, ensuring lid is secure, from side to side to evenly distribute kernels in the oil.
- Continue to shake gently as the kernels pop, until the popping slows down to 3 to 5 seconds between pops. Turn the heat off and wait until popcorn stops popping.
- Pour olive oil evenly over the top and toss to coat. Sprinkle the barbeque spice mixture and continue tossing to evenly distribute the spice mixture. Enjoy!