For the potatoes:
- 4 cups potatoes, diced to 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cornstarch (optional)
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
For the tacos:
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ½ cup grated cheese (Monterey jack,
- Garnishes of your choosing (avocado, salsa roja, hot sauce, cilantro)
Make the potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Rinse and soak the potatoes for 15-30 minutes. Drain, dry, and dice the potatoes. Place diced potatoes in a large bowl and toss with the oil, salt, black pepper & cornstarch. Spread potatoes in an even layer on a baking sheet and place on center rack in oven.
- After 10 minutes, carefully add onions and peppers to the sheet. Toss to distribute evenly and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are lightly browned and easily pierced by a knife. Set aside or enjoy as is!
Make the tacos:
- Add the eggs and spices to a medium-sized bowl. Whisk well until blended and bubbles have formed.
- Heat a skillet over medium and add the oil. Evenly pour the whisked eggs into the skillet, stirring continuously to scramble the mixture. When the eggs are almost cooked through, gently stir in the cheese and mix throughout. Remove from heat.
- Place warmed tortillas on a plate and top with 2-3 tablespoons of the potato mixture, 2-3 Tablespoons of the egg mixture, and your garnishes of choice!