- 1 cup green lentils, uncooked
- 1/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon miso paste
- 3 cups water
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 bunch collard greens, stems removed, roughly chopped
- Rinse rice and lentils thoroughly under hot water until water drains clear. Place in large soup pot with vegetable/miso paste, spices, and water. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and add the diced carrots, celery, onions and minced garlic. Sauté the veggies until tender,seasoning with salt to taste.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the pot with lentils. Stir until combined.
- Stir in vegetable broth and chopped greens and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until lentils are tender and rice is cooked. About 15-20 minutes.
- Once lentils and rice are tender taste and add salt as needed. Enjoy hot!
Follow us on social media for recipes, resources and the latest VCP news!Follow us on Instagram