- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced small
- 3 carrots, diced small
- 3 celery stalks, diced small
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, diced small
- 2 bell peppers, any color, diced small
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon each oregano and basil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ bag frozen spinach (8 to 10 ounces)
- 2 – 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinse
- 1 – 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 – 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 28 ounces water (refill can)
- ½ pound (2 cups dry) small elbow macaroni
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery and sauté for 5 minutes, until the vegetable begin to soften slightly.
- Add the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds more.
- Stir in the mushrooms and peppers and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes and stir to combine with the vegetables.
- Add the frozen spinach and stir for 2 minutes, just until it begins to thaw.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, water, macaroni, and apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the skillet, and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, (stirring once or twice to prevent sticking), until the pasta is cooked to desired consistency.
- Serve while hot. Enjoy!
Follow us on social media for recipes, resources and the latest VCP news!Follow us on Instagram