For the salad:
- 2 bunches fresh kale greens
For the dressing:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 anchovy filets (about 1 Tablespoon chopped)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (about 2 Tablespoons chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (juice of 1 large lemon)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- For the dressing, place all ingredients in a container with high sides. Blend with immersion blender until smooth. Taste and season, if necessary. Set aside while greens are prepared to allow flavors to meld.
- Pull kale leaves from stems, ripping into bite sized pieces and placing in a large bowl or colander. Rinse the torn leaves thoroughly, lay on paper towels and pat dry.
- Once the greens and dressing are both ready, work in batches and add ¼ of the kale to a large bowl with ¼ of the dressing. Toss to coat. Using gloves, massage the leaves to help tenderize them. Repeat until all kale has been dressed.
- Salad can be served immediately or chilled for up to one hour and then served.