1 Tablespoon canola oil
1⁄2 medium head cauliflower, grated or minced
1 large or 2 medium carrots, grated
1 bell pepper, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1-1inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
4 scallions, thinly sliced and green tops separated
1 cup packed kimchi, chopped
3 cups cold leftover white rice
2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 cup frozen peas
Optional add ons:
4 eggs, scrambled or fried
1 Tablespoon Kimchi liquid for more heat
2 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari
- Add canola oil to skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower, carrots, and bell pepper, and sauté until the vegetables shrink and start to brown, 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and scallion whites and sauté until fragrant, one minute more.
- Mix in kimchi and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add the rice and scallion greens and stir well to combine all ingredients. Let the rice and vegetables fry for a minute, stir, and repeat until the rice is very hot and starts to crisp a little. Taste and adjust as desired, adding kimchi liquid for heat or soy sauce for salt.
- Drizzle the sesame oil over the fried rice and toss to combine just before serving.
- For the eggs: Transfer the rice to a bowl and heat the skillet over medium high. Add 1 teaspoon of canola oil. Add the eggs and quickly scramble before adding the rice back to the skillet. Toss to warm and combine, and serve.
- Cool leftovers to room temperature and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.