- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into batons
- 1 cucumber or zucchini, quartered and thinly sliced
- ¼ head cabbage, thinly sliced or shaved
- 1 head leafy green, cut into ribbons
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or mashed into a paste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or other mustard
- ½ teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon any vinegar or citrus(add zest if using citrus)
- 3 Tablespoons oil (vegetable or olive)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the salad, wash vegetables in cold water and prepare each item as guided to practice your knife skills. Add to a large bowl (bigger than you think if you want to coat your salad with vinaigrette before serving!) and toss to combine.
- For the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, combine garlic, mustard, honey, and vinegar or citrus (with zest). Whisk well to combine. Slowly pour in oil and stir continuously to emulsify the mixture. Alternatively, add all ingredients to a container with a lid and shake well to combine.
- Right before serving, dress salad with vinaigrette and toss with your hands, tongs, or salad serving tools to combine so that each piece of vegetable is coated.
- Enjoy immediately (unless you enjoy soggy salads –then you can wait a little bit)!
Follow us on social media for recipes, resources and the latest VCP news!Follow us on Instagram