- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 large orange (reserve orange for topping)
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- ½ cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray or lightly brush with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl or large spouted liquid measuring cup, whisk together the orange zest, oil, milk, and eggs
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold together into a smooth batter.
- Scrape the batter into the cake pan and bake for 30 minutes, until the sides begin to brown and pull away from the pan and the cake springs back when tapped in the middle.
- Let the cake rest for 5 minutes before flipping it out of the pan onto a cooling rack. Cool for another 10 minutes before slicing, or cool completely and wrap to store for up to 5 days.
- While the cake bakes and cools, slice the orange into segments or rounds for topping.
- Slice the cake into 10 servings and top each with a few slices of orange, 2 tablespoons of yogurt, 1 tablespoon almonds, and a drizzle of honey to serve.
Follow us on social media for recipes, resources and the latest VCP news!Follow us on Instagram