- ½ head red cabbage, roughly chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ yellow onion, diced small
- ½ large butternut squash, outer skin peeled
- ½ bunch greens (kale, collard greens, or mustard greens), roughly chopped into bite sized pieces
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the dressing: In a small bowl by combining remaining olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Pre-heat large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add chopped cabbage and diced onions, and season with pinch of salt. Cover with lid, reduce heat, and cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally so onions do not burn.
- While cabbage is cooking, peel butternut squash into ribbons. Place ribbons in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Once cabbage has turned bright purple and is soft, add chopped greens and cover with lid to continue cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Once cabbage mixture is cooked through, remove from heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add butternut squash ribbons.
- Toss vinaigrette into mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm & enjoy