- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch, divided
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced garlic
- ¼ cup low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- Pinch red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, sliced into 1-inch matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1-inch matchsticks
- ½ red onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 ½ cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- To make the sauce, combine cornstarch, ginger, garlic, tamari or soy sauce, water, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes in a bowl and stir.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan or skillet on medium-high heat. Add carrots, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, and onions and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add water to skillet and top with lid, steaming for 5 minutes. Remove lid, allowing excess water to cook away.
- Reduce heat to low, and add sauce. Stir to coat and cook to thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Follow us on social media for recipes, resources and the latest VCP news!Follow us on Instagram