- 2 pounds turnips, peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 pinch, red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped fine
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash hands with soap and warm water before beginning recipe. Rinse turnips under cold running water to remove excess dirt.
- Prepare the turnips by peeling and chopping into bite sized pieces.
By keeping your vegetables the same size, they’ll cook quickly and evenly!
- Pre-heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and turnips. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until golden brown and tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add diced red onion and optional pinch of red pepper flakes to pan. Sauté an additional 2-3 minutes until onion is soft.
- While vegetables are sautéing, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl whisk finely chopped rosemary, balsamic vinegar, and honey until all ingredients are incorporated. Add optional salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour glaze over turnips and cook until glaze thickens and vegetables are caramelized, about 2 minutes. Finish by adding golden raisins to pan, and stir to combine.
- Serve warm & enjoy!