1 yellow onion, diced
4 Tablespoons of oil
2 lb carrots, diced
3 cups broth
2 teaspoons ground coriander (or 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano + 1/2 teaspoon cumin)
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon ground ginger
6 – 8 clementines, zested and juiced
Salt & pepper to taste
- Add oil, diced carrots and diced onion to a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir frequently until soft, for about 10 minutes.
- Season with coriander (or oregano and cumin combo), remaining ½ teaspoon of cumin, and ground ginger. Heat for about 2 minutes to release the seasonings fragrance.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Cover pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Next add clementine juice and zest – stirring well, and continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Then blend with an immersion blended, food processor or blender. Adjust the consistency by adding more clementine juice or broth, if the soup is too thick.
- Return soup to the pot and reheat for 5 minutes or until hot but NOT boiling; and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with twists of clementine zest on top!
Follow us on social media for recipes, resources and the latest VCP news!Follow us on Instagram