- 2 red bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, minced or grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the brine:
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place bell pepper strips into a quart container or non-metallic bowl or container.
- Add ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes to the red pepper slices.
- For the brine, place a small saucepan over medium low heat. In the saucepan or bowl, stir together the rice vinegar, water, sugar, and salt.
- Heat until the the sugar and salt have dissolved and the mixture is warm, but not bubbling.
- Pour the brine over the prepared vegetables and press down with a spoon to ensure everything is submerged. If vegetables aren’t completely submerged, add a splash of water or vinegar to cover.
- Let the mixture steep for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. (The longer they sit in the brine, the more flavorful they’ll be!)
- Serve a pinch of pickled peppers on Lettuce Wraps or enjoy right out of the container!
Follow us on social media for recipes, resources and the latest VCP news!Follow us on Instagram