1 ½ cups bulgur wheat, uncooked
1 ½ cups boiling water
4 Tablespoons olive oil
1 cup fresh parsley, leaves only, finely minced
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
1 cucumber, peeled, de-seeded, and diced
1 lemon, juiced
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place 1½ cup uncooked bulgur wheat in a large container or bowl. Pour boiling water over the grain, stir quickly to coat, and cover. Allow to stand for 10-12 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and the grain is tender. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Cut the lemon into 2 pieces and squeeze the juice into a bowl. Add olive oil, cumin, salt, and pepper. Discard the lemons and set the mixture aside.
- Quarter the tomatoes and set aside in a bowl.
- Separate the leaves and stems of the parsley. Discard the stems, then finely chop the leaves. Measure chopped parsley into a bowl. Meanwhile, peel the cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds. Dice the entire cucumber and combine with the parsley.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss well to mix. If you have time, cover the salad and leave it in the refrigerator for about half an hour to allow it to marinate.
- Serve and enjoy!